“If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.” – Roy T. Bennett
About a year ago, I’d often think about the past and compare it to the same day asking myself, within that time period, how much have I accomplished? Am I truly happy with my life right now or just settling because I have it better than others? And is the Universe not listening to what I want in life?
So on the 1st of January 2018, I promised myself to stop looking back on the past and just live in the moment completely; not even worrying about the future. Now don’t get me wrong, my past is FULL with LOADS of life changing incredible experiences that I will always be grateful, happy and proud about!
So far, I accomplished…
- Travelled domestically to 30+ States
- Successfully launched my blog and I’ve been receiving so much positive feedback!
- IslandGirlSarah officially became my brand and identity.
- Had the opportunity of working with my favourite brands; Bali Body, San Lorenzo Bikinis, Beach Bunny Swimwear.
- Was featured on the news 3 times and on a TV Show for Fox series “Pitch,” so technically I’m an Actress.
So far, I learned…
- It’s okay to grow apart from friends and let go! I was constantly putting in effort to talk to friends who live hours away from me and lead total different lives.
- You can have a million goals & ideas but don’t pursue them all. With having so many goals and wanting to accomplish them all, I have to work on them one by one and not try to pursue them all or I become distracted and lose purpose of what I truly want in life!
- I was Created to Create & Inspire — having an audience on my Social Media Platforms, I wanted to have a purpose and not only show people how I live, the things I do or where I travel. I realised that my platforms is to inspire others to follow their dreams and create the life they want for themselves!
- What you put out is what the Universe gives you. I got more in touch with my spiritual side and began manifesting the life I truly wanted. Guess what? The Universe listened and still is! From since the beginning of the New Year, everything I’ve been manifesting is happening and it’s so surreal.
- Help others without expecting something in return! Everybody wants to get paid for what they know or the skills they have; and I get that… I really do. I as well want to continue getting paid for what I know; when people ask how I live in hotels, travel so much, work with companies, make money online, etc. But sometimes, it’s okay to help others! I wish I knew growing up to take Social Media more seriously because there would be a way to create income in the future from doing so. No one told me that, but now I’m telling others that!
So far, I flew to…
After I left San Diego, CA a couple months ago and went to Las Vegas, NV, that’s were travelling via plane kicked off instead of by Amtrak or bus — 8 Cities in 8 Weeks!!
• Las Vegas, NV (LAS) to
• Detroit, MI (DTW) to
• Manhattan, NYC (LGA) to
• Hoboken, NJ (EWR) to
• Towson & Baltimore, MD (BWI) to
• Los Angeles, CA (LAX) to
• San Diego, CA (SAN)
Manifesting what you want and knowing your purpose in life is very important. Not only so you don’t get distracted by what others are doing or showing you but so you stayed grounded! Following your goals and achieving them because no one is going to make them happen for you but you!
What’s a favourite memory or achievement of yours?
until next time, Sarah Princess